WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY CAR TO ENAGE INTO GEAR

• bnhefflin
  • 1997 Chevrolet Blazer

I have a 97 chevy blazer 4x4 midsixe. I had to replace the master power booster for my brakes. Installation went well but now the blazer won't engage into gear I treid bleeding the brakes but it still won't engage. What can I do?

Friday, July 20th, 2012 AT 8:20 PM

• Docfixit

Coluumn shifter? Does shifter move but no egagement?

Friday, July 20th, 2012 AT 8:28 PM
  • bnhefflin

The shifter doesn't even move I was told that it may need a master flush for the air left in the brakes but I was hoping for an easier cheaper solution since I usually work on my own cars to save money

Friday, July 20th, 2012 AT 9:23 PM
  • Docfixit

Air in brake lines not going to keep from shifting. Check brake pedal switch. Need to know column or floor shift?

Saturday, July 21st, 2012 AT 4:16 PM
  • bnhefflin

Its a floor shifter its in the middle console. We attached the metal rod to the brake pedal and everything seems to be attached correctly.

Saturday, July 21st, 2012 AT 7:56 PM
  • bnhefflin

Okay so we fiddled around with the metal rod to the brake pedal and it engages now kind of we have to find a sweet spot on the brakes when pushed. Anyway we can get it to shift into gear more smoothly or will this work itself out? Thank you so much by the way.

Saturday, July 21st, 2012 AT 10:06 PM
  • Docfixit

May need to try new switch so you step on brake pedal till hits a spot to release shifter?

Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 AT 7:06 PM