WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY CAR TO ENAGE INTO GEAR

1997 Chevrolet Blazer

bnhefflin

July, 20, 2012 AT 8:20 PM

I have a 97 chevy blazer 4x4 midsixe. I had to replace the master power booster for my brakes. Installation went well but now the blazer won't engage into gear I treid bleeding the brakes but it still won't engage. What can I do?

Docfixit

July, 20, 2012 AT 8:28 PM

Coluumn shifter? Does shifter move but no egagement?

bnhefflin

July, 20, 2012 AT 9:23 PM

The shifter doesn't even move I was told that it may need a master flush for the air left in the brakes but I was hoping for an easier cheaper solution since I usually work on my own cars to save money

Docfixit

July, 21, 2012 AT 4:16 PM

Air in brake lines not going to keep from shifting. Check brake pedal switch. Need to know column or floor shift?

bnhefflin

July, 21, 2012 AT 7:56 PM

Its a floor shifter its in the middle console. We attached the metal rod to the brake pedal and everything seems to be attached correctly.

bnhefflin

July, 21, 2012 AT 10:06 PM

Okay so we fiddled around with the metal rod to the brake pedal and it engages now kind of we have to find a sweet spot on the brakes when pushed. Anyway we can get it to shift into gear more smoothly or will this work itself out? Thank you so much by the way.

Docfixit

July, 22, 2012 AT 7:06 PM

May need to try new switch so you step on brake pedal till hits a spot to release shifter?

Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars