I NEED HELP!!! I WAS AT THE GAS STATION AND I ...

1997 Buick Lesabre

Dalexan4

I need help! I was at the gas station and I cranked the car up while I was getting gas. When I left, the car cut off and wont start. What is the problem?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

saturntech9

Have you checked to see what actual fuel pressure is?Also have you checked for spark and codes in the computer?Most likely the fuel pump probably failed from being hot and getting hit by the cold fuel when filling the tank.

cadieman

Check for low fuel pressure. Make sure you have spark.

Dalexan4

My dad said there is no spark to the ignition. It acts like it wants to crank but it doesnt

Dalexan4

How do I fix the low fuel pressure? I really need help and this is my first car. I only had it for a week

cadieman

January, 17, 2012 AT 12:53 AM

U need to check that the coils are getting power. They may need replacing. U need to find out why you have no spark before worrying fuel pressure.

saturntech9

January, 17, 2012 AT 1:56 AM

If your loosing spark and fuel at the exact same time thats scary. So you for sure have no fuel pressure?They rent the fuel pressure gauges for free at auto zone and its easy to check. Also you have no spark for sure on any cylinders?You could have a bad crank shaft position sensor. Do you have any codes in the computer?Have you checked for any codes yet?

Dalexan4

January, 17, 2012 AT 2:23 AM

When I went to autozone earlier before it happened he told me that the code said misfire.

saturntech9

January, 17, 2012 AT 2:34 AM

That doesnt help us now so you have no spark on any of the cylinders?Have you checked the actual fuel pressure?

cadieman

Amen saturntech9 looks like me and you answered this question at the same time and gave the responces lol maybe this guy will wake up. Dalexan4 any further responce needs to be through mike 2carpros please. Saturntech9 a very happy and good new year to you. Ty for using 2carpro