Blower motor not working

DML221571454
  • 1997 BUICK LESABRE
Blower heater fan, Where is fuse box? And how do I pick out the right fuse 1997 model? Heater, for interior, fan does not work. Please help me.
Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 12:21 AM

SATURNTECH9
I would test for power at the blower motor here is a guide to help us. The blower motor is under the hood about the middle of the firewall. Here are diagrams to help you get the job done below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

This guide will help check the relay which is below as well

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please run some tests and get back to us.

+2
Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 12:32 AM
WRENCHTECH
The first 3 speeds use one fuse and high uses a different one so if you lost all speeds at once, chances are it's a bad blower motor.
+3
Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 12:48 AM
SAM.SMALL
Thanks for this post I had a bad blower motor which I got a new one for $56.00 works great!
Monday, December 17th, 2018 AT 6:04 PM
BROTHERJIMINTN
  • 1997 BUICK LESABRE
Im trying to help a struggling single mom with her car. It has the manual heat and a/c controls. At first her blower motor would stop for a few days, then come back on. She said it came on at times when she'd hit a bad bump. I've read of a worn motor working intermittently like that, but I checked at the connector and there's just no power going to the motor. A couple times I replaced both relays, each at different times (one is for the high speed and the other in general), and both times it made the blower work, but eventually it would stop again. This is over the past year. Replaced the resistor too cuz I didn't know how to test it. A week ago now her radio also went out. (And perhaps unrelated but she's has an intermittent starting problem cuz of the passkey/security light thing.) I'm wondering if the ignition switch could be bad, seeing as how its normal function is to momentarily turn off the radio and blower and such when turning the key (the key switch itself was replaced a couple years ago when it wouldn't start due to those two thin white wires running to the anti-theft setup). Please help. It's hot here in the South and single moms have such a heavy burden as it is.
Monday, December 17th, 2018 AT 6:05 PM (Merged)
This kind of sounds lieka ground problem like one that is loose. The ground to this is on the right front of engine compartment for teh blower and the left kick panel for the control unit. Check both of those. The ground for the radio is on the left kick panel as well so check that one first.
BILL49
  • 1998 BUICK LESABRE
Blower motor will not work.I hook up a direct 12v. To it and it runs.I check relays and they click, fuse's are ok.I took out the blower resister and it shows no signs of excessive heat.I put it back together and the blower work for a short time on med. Speed and stop all together, this is a auto temp control unit. Its getting no power to the blower motor, what can it be? Thanks
Your probable causes here could be the blower motor control module at center rear of engine compartment or the Heater/AC programmer behind right side of instrument panel
+1
BILL49
Is this what you call a blower motor control module?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/531871_getimagephp_1.jpg

I'll start the process of elimination with used parts i guess.Do you have a pic of a heater/ac programmer?thanks
SUNSET7705
  • 1993 BUICK LESABRE
1993 Buick LeSabre with automatic climate control. Replaced old blower motor with new one. The old one wouldn't run when installed in the vehicle. I hot wired the old blower and it did run but made a loud whining noise and the test wires got hot. The new motor runs fine when hot wired but won't run when hooked up in the vehicle. A volt meter hooked up on the purple wire at the blower connection shows only about 2 volts with the heater control switch on and set to economy. With the ignition switch in run, and the climate control on and set to economy I get the following voltage readings at the blower motor resistor connector: Red wire-10.6 volts; purple wire-1.62 volts; Black wire- 0.0 volts and the striped wire-7.97 volts. I don't think these voltages changed regardless of which fan speed setting I chose during the test. I also ran the Automatic Climate Control self diagnostic test and got an error code 34. The first time I ran the test I got the following history error codes 135, 138, 140, 141, 152 as well as code 34. I cleared the history codes and ran the test again and was left with only the error code 34. Any idea what my problem is. I suspect the resistor but it's expensive ($180)and would hate to replace it with out being certain that is the problem. Thanks for any help you are able to give me.
MMPRINCE4000
Sure sounds like the blower motor resistor.

I would go to junkyard and get a used one for $10, replace and see if it fixes problem.
ROD.K3500
  • 1987 BUICK LESABRE
97 buick LaSabre A/C heat blower runs when it wants.
Some of the time it will work as it should. Some of the time it will come on after 10 or 15 mins of driving. Or it may go all day without working at all, then it comes on and may run all day: all speeds on and off with no troubles. Then the next time you get in it. No blower, what up with that? :/
SATURNTECH9
The first thing I would check is for a loose connection to the blower motor. So you have a 1997 buick lesabre?Also do you have a multimeter?
DJACKSON
  • 1993 BUICK LESABRE
I bought a used 1993 Lesabre and the heater blower stopped. I can not decide if it is the fuses or what.
BMRFIXIT
Start by checking the fuses
and if all fuses ok
its the blower motor
+1
GAK092268
  • 1992 BUICK LESABRE
The blower don't work. When I drive it gives heat. But don't blow. Car was my grandma's before she died. Want to keep this car
Check voltage and ground at the blower motor, with blower controls turned on. If you have good voltage and ground at the blower motor connector with no blower action, suspect the blower motor.
MWGARD
  • 1992 BUICK LESABRE
Blower stopped working a few days ago. Has come on a couple times since, but blower very weak.
SCOTTY DEE
Lightly tap in the blower while it's running, if the speed seems to change when you do that replace it. If no result, test the voltage (should be 12 volts) at the connector with the blower on high setting.
MWGARD
Scotty,
Thanks for reply. If volage is low, what does that mean?
SCOTTY DEE
In that case we would have to find the wiring problem and repair that circuit that supplies voltage to the blower.