WONDERING IF I SHOULD ALSO REPLACE THE BATTERY CABLES

1996 Toyota Camry

jazmynewilliams

September, 13, 2012 AT 5:15 AM

Replaced my fuel pump but I am wondering if I should also replace the battery cables, maf sensor, or cataliac converter. I have a 1996 Toyota Camry 4cyl. One day the power in the car was not working and I moved one of the battery cables and it started right up. Afterwards, the car would turn but not crank sometimes so I recently replaced the fuel pump and air intake house.

However, a couple of days after replacing the fuel pump, while driving it there was a lost of power (got the alternator, battery and starter tested and they tested good). But now in order to get the car to crank now the gas pedal must be pressed down. I'm not sure what the problem is. I was thinking it was the catalytic converter, battery cables, or maf sensor.

September, 13, 2012 AT 7:26 AM

You should not be guessing what is wrong because that can waste a lot of time and good money.

Most sensor faults would throw trouble codes and if the Check Engine Light is indicating, have the trouble codes retrieve and we work from there. No trouble codes could mean a host of things that requires some diagnostics to confirm.

jazmynewilliams

September, 14, 2012 AT 3:16 AM

The Check Engine Light has not come on at all. Where could I go to get the diagnosis done if the check engine light is not on?

September, 14, 2012 AT 11:08 AM

If you don't have any troube codes, then you need to start with the basics.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Check out the above link.

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Alternator testing done right