You need to bleed the system otherwise you are going to damage the head gasket sooner or later.
1. Remove air vent plug from radiator. See Fig. 13.
2. Fill engine coolant up to filler neck position of radiator.
3. Fill engine coolant to upper level (full line) of reservoir tank.
4. Close both the radiator cap and the reservoir tank cap properly.
5. Reinstall air vent plug.
6. Run engine for more than five minutes at 2000 to 3000 RPM, until engine is completely warm.
7. Stop engine. Before inspecting fluids, allow temperature to drop to a safe level and perform the following procedure:
a) Add engine coolant to filler neck position if levels have dropped in the radiator.
B) Add engine coolant to upper level (full line) if levels have dropped in the reservoir tank.
C) Close both the radiator cap and the reservoir tank cap properly.
If coolant keeps dropping, you would need to check for leaks. Keep heater turned on while running engine.
Sunday, September 30th, 2012 AT 5:52 PM