GOT A 96 FREIGHT LINER WITH DETROIT ENGINE-IT WILL NOT START..

1996 All Other Makes All Other Models

Tony_t

December, 8, 2011 AT 3:24 AM

Got a 96 freight liner with Detroit engine-it will not start. Got a 96 freight liner with Detroit engine-it will not start. Its been sitting for five years and I change the fuel and the fuel pump is pumping the fuel as long as I spray Ethel inside the breather the truck will run but then shut down after I stop spraying. Whats the problem

DrCranknWrench

December, 8, 2011 AT 3:59 AM

Have you checked the fuel/water seperator for fluid?
If it is not that, the injectors are clogged or there is still bad gas in the lines. It takes a while to get it all out of the entire fuel system. Anything that has sat that long is probably gonna need the entire fuel system cleaned out from tank pickup to the injectors. Gas turns to varnsih so fast and diesel gets water in it real quick and its no good.

mhpautos

December, 9, 2011 AT 11:43 PM

Drain and flush fuel system. As already mentioned replace filters and clean agglomerator, ensure fuel shut off solenoid is working, crank engine with injector lines cracked to check for injector line pressure.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test