1996 OLDS CUTLASS SUPREME WON'T START

• Gottakeepmovin'
  • 1996 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS

3.1 litre v-6. Car died when pulling into a parking lot. Plenty of gas in thee tank, the fuel energizes (though we can't verify the gas is getting to the injectors), do have spark at spark plugs. Engine still won't fire. I assume either a timing issue or possibly a shorted sensor that is drawing down the spark plug potential (weak spark). Would you have any ideas of the best way to troubleshoot from here? Many Thanks!

Sunday, November 14th, 2010 AT 2:12 AM

• Gottakeepmovin'

The previous complaint should read ". The fuel pump energizes."

Sunday, November 14th, 2010 AT 2:13 AM
  • Rasmataz

1996 Olds Cutlass Supreme won't start

Check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump if okay check if the injectors are pulsing

Sunday, November 14th, 2010 AT 2:16 AM
  • Gottakeepmovin'

The fuel pump is making a noise, indicating it has energized, but we will have to verify further if the pump is operating as expected. I am being told that after numerous failed attempts at starting the car, when the spark plug was removed it was dry. I am not 100% certain, but I would think the spark plug would still be wet with fresh gas. Better check the pressure first then. Thanks!

Sunday, November 14th, 2010 AT 2:23 AM