OLDS SUPREME WON'T START

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass

gottakeepmovin'

November, 14, 2010 AT 2:12 AM

3.1 litre v-6. Car died when pulling into a parking lot. Plenty of gas in thee tank, the fuel energizes (though we can't verify the gas is getting to the injectors), do have spark at spark plugs. Engine still won't fire. I assume either a timing issue or possibly a shorted sensor that is drawing down the spark plug potential (weak spark). Would you have any ideas of the best way to troubleshoot from here? Many Thanks!

gottakeepmovin'

November, 14, 2010 AT 2:13 AM

The previous complaint should read ". The fuel pump energizes."

November, 14, 2010 AT 2:16 AM

1996 Olds Cutlass Supreme won't start

Check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump if okay check if the injectors are pulsing

gottakeepmovin'

November, 14, 2010 AT 2:23 AM

The fuel pump is making a noise, indicating it has energized, but we will have to verify further if the pump is operating as expected. I am being told that after numerous failed attempts at starting the car, when the spark plug was removed it was dry. I am not 100% certain, but I would think the spark plug would still be wet with fresh gas. Better check the pressure first then. Thanks!

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement