I HAVE TAKEN MY CAR TO GET THE CHECK ENGINE ...

1996 Nissan Maxima

Anonymous

October, 26, 2012 AT 4:45 PM

I have taken my car to get the check engine light tested. It gave me a code of p1400 what reads egrc solenoid valve. Now I dont know where this part is located in the car and the part I ordered seems not to be the right one from what I think it should be. Could you please help.

Wrenchtech

October, 26, 2012 AT 5:10 PM

P1400 EGR/EVAP Control Solenoid Circuit

That code didn't tell you any specific part was bad. Only that there was an issue in the circuit. The circuit needs to be further troubleshooted to find the actual issue.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/Wrenchtech/79111651.gif

DESCRIPTION
The EGRC-solenoid valve responds to signals from the ECM. When the ECM sends an ON (ground) signal, the coil in the solenoid valve is energized. A plunger will then move to cut the vacuum signal (from the throttle body to the EGR valve.)
When the ECM sends an OFF signal, the vacuum signal passes through the solenoid valve. The signal then reaches the EGR valve.