CAR IS MISSFIRING

1996 Mitsubishi Magna

mooshie42

June, 15, 2012 AT 10:48 AM

Once the car is warmed up it starts to missfire and a grinding noise starts, have just had the water pump exchanged, changed an o ring in the distributar and had a new power steering pump installed. It is worse going up hills. I am a single parent and dont have the money for a mechanic so any help would be gratefull.

Mis Fire -

hmac300

June, 15, 2012 AT 2:12 PM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

June, 15, 2012 AT 2:54 PM

Where is the noise coming from?

mooshie42

June, 17, 2012 AT 11:15 AM

How do I check the codes? We put a new fuel pump i'n it already. Didn't change anything as for the noise I carnt figure out were it is coming from as it doesn't make the noise when the car is still, am going to change the plugs and leads and distributor cap. Hope that helps. Thank you for your help. Jackie

June, 17, 2012 AT 11:39 AM

Most part stores provides free scanning services. you can get it checked there.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-a-service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

If the noise is only while moving, then it could be suspension or drive train related. Check the wheel bearings, transmission fluids etc.