WINDOW REMOVAL

1996 Mercury Marquis

TMCAVOY

November, 29, 2010 AT 7:30 PM

I ASKED "HOW DO YOU REMOVE A REAR WINDOW IN A 96 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS. MENTIONED THAT REGULATOR NUTS AND RIVETS HAVE BEEN REMOVED. GOT AN ANSWER FROM WRENCHTECH BUT VERY HARD TO READ AND SEE DIAGRAMS DUE TO SMALL PRINT. DON'T SEE MY ANSWER ON "REMOVING" THE WINDOW BUT EXPLAINS ON HOW TO REMOVE THE REGULATOR. REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE REGULATOR IN ORDER TO REPLACE IT. DONATED $5

BMRFIXIT

November, 30, 2010 AT 2:14 AM

This is what I have

Rear Glass

Removal

Remove rear door trim panel (27406) and watershield.

CAUTION: Do not attempt to pry out the rivets as damage to the rear door window glass (25712) could result. Prior to removing rivet center pins, it is necessary to place a suitable block support between door outer panel and rear door window channel bracket to stabilize rear door window glass during rivet removal.

Remove Rear Door Glass run front lower retainer (25796) as outlined.

Lower rear door window glass to gain access to the two rear door window channel bracket retaining rivets and remove center pins from rivets using a drift punch. Using a 1/4-inch diameter drill, drill out the remainder of the rivets.

Remove rear door window glass.

Window Glass Broken? Replace it Fast
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement