REFUSED TO START

1996 Lexus ES 300

samhoustonstar

September, 5, 2011 AT 11:48 PM

My es300 Overheated and stopped on me on the highway fresh from the car shop. I just had the fuel pressure regulator replaced @ $420. Before that I recently replaced all plugs, wires, and catalytic converter. The engine was making a loud noise like my pistons were rubbing against each other but the oil was full. Right before it turned off the red oil light was on and the car rpms would shoot up each time I tried to accelerate but it wouldnt go. In fact it began to drop speed. Now the car just refuses to start the battery is excellent so I dont know what else to check.

September, 6, 2011 AT 12:08 AM

Is it cranking over and will not start or just won't crank over at all/nothing when key is turn to cranking position

samhoustonstar

September, 6, 2011 AT 5:58 PM

It wont crank over at all. Engine acts like the starter has gone out or if battery was low. Neither is the case.

rivermikerat

September, 25, 2011 AT 12:59 AM

Oil pressure light was lit before this happened. THAT tells me the oil pump went out and you cooked the main crank bearings. Maybe some other parts, too.

rivermikerat

September, 25, 2011 AT 1:00 AM

Try using a socket and ratchet to turn the engine over by hand. IF it won't turn, my diagnosis above is correct.

Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang