96 AMPLIFIER

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

efloatflyer

February, 25, 2011 AT 7:42 PM

I am replacing the original Infinity Stereo radio and speakers in my Jeep with aftermarket head unit, speakers and amplifier. When I lift the rear seat up to look at the stock amplifier I see the two white connectors for the speakers plugged into the amplifier. I am simply going to unplug them and take out the stock amplifier and replace it with a new one. I am not using any of the existing wiring. I have all new wiring for the new system. My question is what is the housing that is to the left of the amplifier in the attached photo? It has some wires coming from the amplifier harness going to it and that is why I am asking because if I am unplugging the two white connectors and not using them in the future then this is not staying connected. Also there are two wires going through the sheet metal to underneath the car in the attached photo they are above the amp and have large red and black connectors showing. They are tied into this harness also.

billymac

February, 25, 2011 AT 9:32 PM

Hi this is a fuel shut off switch. It is completely separate from the amp you can just unplug the amp and tape connectors up real good and leave them there. Although they are not connected to the fuel system they are connected to other things and will cause problems somewhere. But just to be sure why not unplug amp then go through and make sure everything still works. I hope this helps

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue