THE CAR (FRONT VIBRATES WHEN I APPLY THE BRAKES AT MEDIUM TO HIGH SPEED - WHY? THANKS

1996 Jeep Cherokee

sladisch

July, 15, 2012 AT 12:00 PM

The car (front vibrates when I apply the brakes at medium to high speed (30-60 mph).? Is is a brake problem. The front drums and rotors were replaced 2 years ago, 25000 miles ago 1996 jeep classic 130000 miles

hmac300

July, 15, 2012 AT 12:29 PM

If your car vibrates when brakesare applied it is probably warped rotors. They warp due to heat from hard stops or not being turned. A lot of todays rotors are also thin so they can't take theheat like the older ones do so they warp. It cold be a front end problem as well and should be checked out. Normally a brake job willtake care of the warpage problem though

sladisch

July, 15, 2012 AT 12:31 PM

Should this happen after only two years? Thanks

hmac300

July, 15, 2012 AT 12:46 PM

Yes it can, it really dependson what type of brake pads andthe way vehicle is driven. Like you said you have 25,000 miles on it since and if it is more city /suburbia driven then this is more likely.

Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer