1. Raise and suitably support vehicle.
2. Right front tire and wheel assembly. Refer to Steering and Suspension.
3. Six push clips and right front lower splash shield.
4. Loosen belt tension pulley retaining nut and tension bolt. (Located at the bottom of the belt, in the middle. Tension is adjusted by a long bolt behind the pulley)
5. Power steering drive belt from pump pulley.
Install or Connect the following: 1. Power steering pump drive belt to pump pulley.
NOTE: Inspect pump drive belt alignment on power steering pump pulley and crankshaft drive pulley before adjusting belt tension.
2. Adjust pump drive belt tension.
NOTE: Measure power steering pump drive belt deflection using thumb pressure (approximately 10 kg (22 lbs.). A properly adjusted drive belt should deflect 7 to 9 mm (0.28 to 0.35 inch).
3. Tighten belt tension pulley nut.
NOTE: Tighten belt tension pulley nut to 45 Nm (33 ft. Lbs.).
4. Right front lower splash shield; secure with six push cups.
5. Right front tire and wheel assembly.
6. Lower vehicle.
NOTE: A "new belt" is a belt with less than 5 minutes of running time on an engine. A "used belt" is a belt with more than 5 minutes of running time on an engine.