WHEN I GET SOME FREE TIME I LIKE TO WORK ON MY ...

1996 Ford Ranger

Ranger271

When I get some free time I like to work on my truck, so the other day I put in a new pcv and was happy, but wanted to do some more, so I removed the iac and cleaned it out real good, and put it back on and reconnected the connector. But now my truck is not acting good. When I start it, it jumps to about 400rpm for about 4 seconds then dies. Have looked around and cannot find the problem.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

hmac300

Clean throttle plate as well then drive turck you have to drive for iac to reset. Scan for codes and check for any duct work not connected or holes in it.

Ranger271

I tried cleaning the plate with no changes in idle. I don't have enough time to put it in any gear, as it only idles for about 3-4 seconds before it dies. I didnt mess with any hoses while working on it either. I also changed the pcv valve while cleaning the iac, but I don't suspect that's an issue. Thanks

hmac300

Scan for codes and check fuel prressure