MY CAR WONT START....

1996 Ford Probe

sledgehawg

September, 11, 2011 AT 6:33 PM

I was trying to install a radio in my probe. None of the wiring matched the schematic that I found. So, while fiddleing around, I noticed that my automatic door locks won't work and my car won't start. Also, none of the interior lights work. I checked the battery connection and the fuse box by the battery. Everything was good. Then I checked the fuse box on the left side of the cabin by the floor. All good there. Any help? It is getting fuel because I can smell it so it must not be getting spark, but why?

promechanic

September, 11, 2011 AT 6:49 PM

So all of this happened after you were fiddling around with the wiring trying to get your radio hooked up?
I would go over all of the wiring and re-check all of your connections. Make sure they are all tight. Make sure you didn't unhook some wires when you were pulling on them.

sledgehawg

September, 11, 2011 AT 7:30 PM

The only wires that I messed with were the ones attached to the oem stereo. Is it possible that the three are interconnected?

promechanic

September, 11, 2011 AT 7:32 PM

Messing with the stereo should not have caused this problem. I'm guessing that you pulled on some other wiring or something that is causing this. Re-check everything that you did and see if there is any way that any of the other wiring became disconnected.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang