My car wont start.

SLEDGEHAWG
  • 1996 FORD PROBE

I was trying to install a radio in my probe. None of the wiring matched the schematic that I found. So, while fiddleing around, I noticed that my automatic door locks won't work and my car won't start. Also, none of the interior lights work. I checked the battery connection and the fuse box by the battery. Everything was good. Then I checked the fuse box on the left side of the cabin by the floor. All good there. Any help? It is getting fuel because I can smell it so it must not be getting spark, but why?

Sunday, September 11th, 2011 AT 6:33 PM

PROMECHANIC
  • 550 POSTS

So all of this happened after you were fiddling around with the wiring trying to get your radio hooked up?
I would go over all of the wiring and re-check all of your connections. Make sure they are all tight. Make sure you didn't unhook some wires when you were pulling on them.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, September 11th, 2011 AT 6:49 PM
SLEDGEHAWG

The only wires that I messed with were the ones attached to the oem stereo. Is it possible that the three are interconnected?

Sunday, September 11th, 2011 AT 7:30 PM
PROMECHANIC
  • 550 POSTS

Messing with the stereo should not have caused this problem. I'm guessing that you pulled on some other wiring or something that is causing this. Re-check everything that you did and see if there is any way that any of the other wiring became disconnected.

Sunday, September 11th, 2011 AT 7:32 PM