Wont accelerate very sluggish when cold

IBJACK
  • 1996 FORD F-250
  • 162 MILES
96 f250 gas. When I step on gas only when its cold it knocks and wont accelerate. Very sluggish. Once it is warmed up no prob. This started a month ago but only did it a few times now it its every time I have done a FULL tune up and used sea foam in fuel lines ran it but still not running right.

When I tuned it (plugs, wires, filters cap, rotor) it ran so great. Then it started feeling like it was running out of fuel and knocking but this did not happen every time. Now it is doing it every day but once it gets warmed up no problem?
Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 9:32 PM

RIVERMIKERAT
Check the ignition timing.
Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 10:07 PM
IBJACK
Shoudnt my computer make adjustments for that
Friday, December 30th, 2011 AT 12:06 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
That depends on what engine you have.
Friday, December 30th, 2011 AT 3:13 AM
IBJACK
460 also I forgot to mention if I shut the truck and start it back up it usually takes care of it
Friday, December 30th, 2011 AT 11:22 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
ENGINE ADJUSTMENTS - 7.5L -1996 Ford Pickup F250
Page 1 of 1
IGNITION TIMING

NOTE:
Depending on model, Pickup uses EEC-IV or EEC-V system. EEC-IV PCM
has 60-pin connector. EEC-V PCM has 104-pin connector. See the
ENGINE/VIN ID article for correct application.
With Federal Emissions (EEC-IV)

1.
Set transmission in Park or Neutral. Turn A/C and heater off. Connect inductive timing light to engine. With engine off, unplug in-line SPOUT connector (Yellow/Light Green wire near
distributor), or remove shorting bar from the double-wire SPOUT connector. Start and warm engine to normal operating temperature. DO NOT start engine with remote starter switch; use
only ignition key.
With engine at idle speed, check/adjust initial timing to 10 degrees BTDC. Turn engine off. Reconnect the single-wire in-line SPOUT connector or reinstall shorting bar on double-wire
SPOUT connector. Start engine. Verify timing advances beyond initial setting. Remove test equipment and reconnect all components.
2.
All Other Models (EEC-V)

Ignition timing on models equipped with EEC-V is not adjustable.
Friday, December 30th, 2011 AT 9:40 PM
IBJACK
Like I asked before. If my timimg was off wouldnt it act like this all the. And wouldnt my computer make adjustments for that
Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 1:39 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
IF you have the EEC-V computer, yes. If you have the EEC-IV, MAYBE, if the timing isn't off too far. But checking the timing willalso tell you if the chain is loose, because you will see the timing mark bouncing around, which is something the computer can't compensate for.

Also check the fuel pressure at the regulator.
Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 7:14 PM