Removal & Installation
1. Disconnect battery ground cable. Disconnect wiring connectors in engine compartment. Remove 2 bolts retaining hood latch control handle and cable. Remove 2 bolts attaching parking brake release.
2. Remove console (if equipped). On Ranger, move transfer case control to far forward position. On all vehicles, remove instrument panel steering column cover by removing 2 screws and pulling on cover to release
3. Remove bracket bolt at right of accelerator pedal. Remove instrument panel steering column reinforcement (6 screws). Remove 2 TK yoke nuts from vehicle cross beam, and remove TK yoke.
4. Open fuse panel door, and remove 2 bolts holding instrument panel to cowl. Remove bolt from right side of instrument panel. Remove one threadless fastener and 2 push pins attaching insulator to lower right han
5. Using a flat wooden dowel, lift edge of defroster grille, and pull up on grille to release clips and tension tabs. Remove defroster grille. Remove 4 bolts at top of instrument panel. Pull panel back from cowl.
6. Remove A/C electronic door actuator motor electrical connector from bracket on evaporator housing. Remove 3 actuator retaining screws.
NOTE: Mounting bracket remains in place on evaporator housing.
7. To disengage motor from bracket and actuator shaft, lift actuator motor upward 1/2 inch, then pull toward rear of vehicle. To install, reverse removal procedure. See Fig. 3 .
Saturday, November 12th, 2011 AT 5:58 PM