WONT START

1996 Chevrolet Truck

doebler_c

August, 9, 2011 AT 12:11 AM

I have 1996 chevy c1500 pickup with 5.0 vortec and it wont start and the electronic guages that appear when u turn key to on position are not registering nor is the battery guage but they did turn on after a while and started but wont anymore

August, 9, 2011 AT 12:35 AM

Does the vehicle crank? How long since a tune-up? Any applicable trouble codes? Use a gage and check fuel pressure. May have to check feed to and from the ignition switch?

Battery has a full charge?

doebler_c

August, 9, 2011 AT 12:40 AM

Yes it cranks and I just put new spark plugs oil change and new air filter the electronic lights wont come on right away it takes awhile and says check guages but when those light come on it will start

August, 9, 2011 AT 1:01 AM

Engine cranking, do you have spark at the spark plugs? The reason I asked, primary voltage at the ignition coil and gage fuse, are ignition feed. Circuits go hot with the key on, use a voltage tester. If no voltage I'd have to check feed to and from ignition switch.

doebler_c

August, 9, 2011 AT 1:45 AM

No spark at spark plugs a friend of mine said that it sounds like an ignition swich problem

August, 9, 2011 AT 1:48 PM

Yes, that is possible.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right