I AM CONTINUALLY HAVING TO PERFORM BRAKE ...

1996 Chevrolet Silverado

Oldnavy39

December, 18, 2012 AT 3:38 PM

I am continually having to perform brake maintenance on my 96 silverado 4x4 front right side. Recently I have changed bushing and bearing on the front end this past spring, I also had a front end alignment done after the completion of the maintenance. It appears as though that I continuing to have issues with only the right front brake due to abnormal ware. I have always heard that that year truck is famous for this issue. Is there a solenoid/valve other than the master cylinder that I'm over looking? Where is there a proportion type valve some where?

Front End

hmac300

December, 18, 2012 AT 3:47 PM

Check to see if you have a frozen caliper and check for rust binding caliper. This is assuming no brake line has been tampered with.
The proportioning valve is in abs unit an dprobably not that. Check bushings for calipers as wellmake sure they are lubed.

Oldnavy39

December, 18, 2012 AT 3:54 PM

All the above suggestions were performed at the time of the front end bushing/bearing replacement and frontend alignment. The proportion valve is an ABS realated component? The ABS light has been on for quite some time. Well within the last couple of months and was gonna replace both frnt hubs here in the next 3 weeks before it gets too dang cold

hmac300

December, 18, 2012 AT 6:35 PM

Have the abs scanned to see where the problem is first. Dont' spend money unecessarily without doing that. It may be a sensor not the hubor the sensor may need cleaning

Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado