ENGINE CRANKS BUT WONT START

1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

apac408

August, 29, 2012 AT 4:00 AM

I recently had to change my spark plugs and spark plug wires and ignition coil. After changing them I went to start my car up and nothing all it does is crank over but it won't even start not even a sputter or two. What could it be I'm think fuel since I checked spark and it has spark

saturntech9

August, 29, 2012 AT 7:22 AM

If it started before you could have crossed some spark plug wires. Does it try to. Start?

apac408

August, 29, 2012 AT 3:20 PM

No it doesn't try to start and yes I already rechecked the spark plug wires to make sure that they went to the right ignition coil

saturntech9

August, 29, 2012 AT 5:51 PM

So it started in ran fine before? Why did you change the coil? Do you have any codes in the computer?

apac408

August, 29, 2012 AT 9:11 PM

Well it did run fine until it didn't want to start had to change the wires, and spark plugs the wires were rusted and the spark plugs I just changed while I was down there. As far as the codes the guy who's car i'm working cleared them when he took the battery out so sol there

apac408

August, 30, 2012 AT 1:43 AM

Okay so I went to go turn it over just now and it started for all of about 3 seconds and died so I'm thinking either the fuel injectors are clogged, fuel pump, or fuel pressure regulator. What do you guys think

saturntech9

August, 30, 2012 AT 1:52 AM

Is the security light on solid or flashing?Have you checked the actual fuel pressure or for injector pluse?

apac408

August, 30, 2012 AT 3:34 AM

Security light is not on and fuel pressure will be checking tomorrow as far as checking for injector pulse how cheap are they to get the tool to check for it

saturntech9

August, 30, 2012 AT 4:01 AM

Haven't bought 1 in years but they shouldn't be that expensive. They even sell them at Harbor Freight Tools.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement