ENGINE CRANKS BUT WONT START

• apac408
  • 1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

I recently had to change my spark plugs and spark plug wires and ignition coil. After changing them I went to start my car up and nothing all it does is crank over but it won't even start not even a sputter or two. What could it be I'm think fuel since I checked spark and it has spark

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 AT 4:00 AM

• saturntech9

If it started before you could have crossed some spark plug wires. Does it try to. Start?

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 AT 7:22 AM
  • apac408

No it doesn't try to start and yes I already rechecked the spark plug wires to make sure that they went to the right ignition coil

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 AT 3:20 PM
  • saturntech9

So it started in ran fine before? Why did you change the coil? Do you have any codes in the computer?

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 AT 5:51 PM
  • apac408

Well it did run fine until it didn't want to start had to change the wires, and spark plugs the wires were rusted and the spark plugs I just changed while I was down there. As far as the codes the guy who's car i'm working cleared them when he took the battery out so sol there

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 AT 9:11 PM
  • apac408

Okay so I went to go turn it over just now and it started for all of about 3 seconds and died so I'm thinking either the fuel injectors are clogged, fuel pump, or fuel pressure regulator. What do you guys think

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 AT 1:43 AM
  • saturntech9

Is the security light on solid or flashing?Have you checked the actual fuel pressure or for injector pluse?

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 AT 1:52 AM
  • apac408

Security light is not on and fuel pressure will be checking tomorrow as far as checking for injector pulse how cheap are they to get the tool to check for it

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 AT 3:34 AM
  • saturntech9

Haven't bought 1 in years but they shouldn't be that expensive. They even sell them at Harbor Freight Tools.

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 AT 4:01 AM