IM INSTALLING A CAR STEREO

1996 Chevrolet Blazer

Anonymous

February, 3, 2013 AT 6:49 PM

I'm installing a car stereo. It has red, yellow, and black wires that correspond with the wires in the dash. There is another gold wire that appears to be see through. The stereo is a kenwood. It also has a blue wire that is labeled MUTE. I have connected all the wires properly to their corresponding ones in the dash, yet I still get no power to the stereo. I also noticed that the fuse in the fuse panel calls for a 20 amp yet it has a 15 amp in it.

The previous stereo worked fine when I removed it. Any ideas why this one will not work?

February, 3, 2013 AT 7:21 PM

I can show you four speaker database wiring. Two radio fuses, One is battery power, hot all the time, for memory and clock, whatever. The other fuse goes hot with the key on. I believe ignition voltage is what operates the radio. Use a voltage tester at fuse circuits, check for voltage. Also check the grond, black wire. I'm not a stereo person, I'm more of a wire chaser.

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace