EXHAUST

1996 Chevrolet Blazer

Stanglover1990

June, 15, 2013 AT 6:01 PM

Hi I have a 96 chevy blazer 4.3 vortec 4x4 and it has a clogged converter so I got a new one and I'm having trouble getting the top bolt of the triangle flange on the front side of the converter and I can't get it loose by hand so I tried using a impact gun with 120 psi and it still wouldn't come loose an I can't get a grinder or cutting wheel in there to cut it off and I don't think it would be too smart to use a torch and cut it off

Jacobandnickolas

June, 15, 2013 AT 6:41 PM

If you are working on your back, that is half the problem. It is hard to do that. As far as a torch, most muffler shops use them to remove pipes so it should be fine. However, make sure there is nothing that can catch fire. Have a fire extinguisher near by just in case. Also, make sure not to ruin the flange on the down pipe to the converter. That will need to be reused and has to seal.

Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20