CAR CRANKS WONT START

1996 Chevrolet Beretta

bls2057

March, 5, 2011 AT 8:06 AM

96 chevy beretta 2.4 liter cranks wont start is full of gas the this puzzles me the car has been running fine not sputtering or hesitation at all till tonight cranked it started and dies in thirty seconds ive owned the car two years have never replaced the fuel filter on it I just dont get it the belts are fine and it got too dark for me to work on it till tomarrow could it be a sensor fuse or relay or the plugs dont no just stressed please help

fixitmr

March, 5, 2011 AT 8:15 AM

I dont think fuel filter would be suddenly plugged. Can you hear fuel pump run when you turn key on? That can suddenly fail. Also check for spark at plugs/coil.

bls2057

March, 5, 2011 AT 11:47 AM

Ill check it in a few hours the fuel pump has like a whirring noise right? Ill check all this out and get back to you also its supposed to rain all day and I live in a apt with no covered work space not a good day to work on it could damage more things?

bls2057

March, 5, 2011 AT 11:49 AM

Also theres a clicking type sound when cranking

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang