CAR CRANKS WONT START

• bls2057
  • 1996 Chevrolet Beretta
  • automatic

96 chevy beretta 2.4 liter cranks wont start is full of gas the this puzzles me the car has been running fine not sputtering or hesitation at all till tonight cranked it started and dies in thirty seconds ive owned the car two years have never replaced the fuel filter on it I just dont get it the belts are fine and it got too dark for me to work on it till tomarrow could it be a sensor fuse or relay or the plugs dont no just stressed please help

Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 8:06 AM

• fixitmr

I dont think fuel filter would be suddenly plugged. Can you hear fuel pump run when you turn key on? That can suddenly fail. Also check for spark at plugs/coil.

Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 8:15 AM
  • bls2057

Ill check it in a few hours the fuel pump has like a whirring noise right? Ill check all this out and get back to you also its supposed to rain all day and I live in a apt with no covered work space not a good day to work on it could damage more things?

Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 11:47 AM
  • bls2057

Also theres a clicking type sound when cranking

Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 11:49 AM