No power at fuel pump

DUPONT2727
  • 1995 TOYOTA COROLLA

I have a 1995 toyota corolla. I'm getting no gas to my plugs. I checked my EFI, and my ciruit opening relay. I'm receiving volts at my EFI, and it tested ok. Now, at my circuit opening relay. I'm receiving volts from my EFI, but no volts is going to my fuel pump when I turn the key to the on poistion. I tested the circuit opening relay. It also tested fine. What can I test next. Seems like the circuit opening relay won't close and let electrical flow through it, for it can go to the fuel pump. I have tested another circuit opening relay, and I get the same results, no power get through it. Any help on what to test next? I have not tested my fuel pump as of yet. But I need to get power to if first, then I will test it.

Saturday, March 26th, 2011 AT 7:10 PM

2CARPROS KEN

The circuit opening relay is located behind the center instrument cluster lower finish panel cover. The fuel pump relay is called the circuit open relay.

Here is a guide and a diagram (below) that will help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Please let us know what happens so it will help others.

Cheers, Ken

Saturday, August 19th, 2017 AT 2:09 PM
SHADONANGGAB4
  • 1993 TOYOTA COROLLA

I have a 1993 Toyota Corolla DX 1.8. I let it almost run out of gas and it ended up dying on me. We replaced the fuel pump, fuel pump relay and fuel pressure regulator. It ran fine for about 5 miles then when I stopped at a stop sign and went to go, it started sputtering like it was running out of gas (it has 1/2 tank) Any suggestions on what to check next?

Saturday, August 19th, 2017 AT 2:09 PM (Merged)
FIXITMR

First, take fuel pressure reading. Then check TPS and possible EGR sticking. Check/clean MAF/MAP sensor.

CHEYRL
  • 1994 TOYOTA COROLLA

1994 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

have no power to fuel pump the EFI relay checked out ok with ohmeter curcuit opening relay behind dash checked out OK with ohmeter I am thinking that the ECM is at fault The shop manual shows that this unit is behind the dash radio panels but could not locate HELP

BLUELIGHTNIN6

The ECM should be under center of dash behind console. pic is below..dont forget to check fuses as well as wiring at the fuel pump

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Graphic_506.jpg

+6