1MZ-FE And 3MZ-FE Engines
1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
2. Drain the cooling system.
3. Remove or disconnect the following:
On vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding after disconnecting the negative battery cable.
Negative battery cable.
No. 2 idler pulley
3 clamps and engine wire from the rear timing belt cover
Rear timing belt cover
1. Install or connect the following:
Liquid sealer to the gasket, water pump and engine block.
Water pump. Bolts and nuts: 53 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
Rear timing belt cover. Bolts: 74 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
Engine wire with the 3 clamps to the rear timing belt cover.
No. 2 idler pulley. Bolt: 32 ft. Lbs. (43 Nm).
With the flange side outward, right-hand camshaft pulley. Align the knock pin hole on the camshaft pulley with the knock pin on the camshaft. Bolt: 65 ft. Lbs. (88 Nm).
With the flange side inward, left-hand camshaft pulley. Align the knock pin hole on the camshaft pulley with the knock pin on the camshaft. Bolt: 94 ft. Lbs. (125 Nm).
Negative battery cable
2. Refill the cooling system to the correct level.
3. Start the vehicle and check for leaks.
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 AT 4:54 PM