WONT START..INTERMITTENT

1995 Nissan Maxima

eljer

January, 15, 2014 AT 10:22 AM

3 months ago I replaced the injectors plugs and coil packs due to engine performance issue. It has run wonderfully.2 weeks ago during a very cold period " its an outside car" I started it and it ran for about 10 minutes and stalled.I restarted it and it was fine.A week later it stalled at a traffic light and restarted right away. The next day it stalled at a light again and would not restart. Tach reading is flat like theres no ignition. About 10 mins later it restarted and stalled again 2 miles down the road. It always occurs when in drive and stopped and idling.I suspect the fuel pump. Tell me how to approach this : )

hmac300

Check the fuelpressure with a gauge auto parts rent them should be 43 psi

eljer

January, 16, 2014 AT 9:01 AM

Is it ok to test it at the fuel pump location itself under the rear seat. It appears to be the most accessable connect point. Also. If its an intermittent problem as it is now would it still show a lower pressure. How do you personally approach intermittent fuel pump issues?

hmac300

January, 16, 2014 AT 9:27 AM

If it's an intermittent problem usually you just wait til it fails. Ther eshold be a tap in at the fuel rail for the gauge but do as you wan't as you'll need adapters if you tap at pump. Hav eyou tried replacing the fuel filter that may be your problem.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe