NO HEAT URGENT

1995 Mercury Marquis

wranglertj84

December, 8, 2010 AT 1:53 PM

Have no heat in a 95 grand marquis, replaced thermostat, plenty of coolant, made sure blend door works, there is no heater valve in this yr all hoses and heater core are hot. Baffled?

No Heat

Jacobandnickolas

December, 8, 2010 AT 2:03 PM

If both heater core hoses are hot, then the heater core is hot too. THe only thing left is the blend door. Are you sure it is working properly?

wranglertj84

December, 8, 2010 AT 2:08 PM

The door is at the front of the heater core inside cab right? If so then as I play with the controls I watch the door open and close as need?

Jacobandnickolas

December, 8, 2010 AT 6:36 PM

Actualy, the blend door is covered. You shouldn't be able to see it without removing cover. I believe the door you are refering to is the fresh air door / recirculate door.

wranglertj84

December, 8, 2010 AT 7:37 PM

Ohhh ok, so then the only way to find out if that works or not is by pulling the dash back so just replacing it then while im in there makes the most sense to me I guess

Jacobandnickolas

December, 9, 2010 AT 1:15 AM

I would only replace it if it is bad.

wranglertj84

December, 9, 2010 AT 1:45 AM

How would I actually know if it were bad though?

Jacobandnickolas

December, 9, 2010 AT 1:02 PM

It wouln't move when you go from cold to hot settings.

wranglertj84

December, 9, 2010 AT 1:50 PM

Ok, Now the other issue is to just find a warm garage to do the work. Thanks for the help its greatly appreciated since I went to a local ford dealer and they wouldn't even let me talk to a service tech!

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Replace Heater Core
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement