WHEN I FILL UP MY GAS TANK IT LEAKS FROM THE TOP

• Anonymous
  • 1995 MAZDA B4000

When I fill up my gas tank it leaks from the top. How is the best way to fix.

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 AT 8:09 PM

• Randico

1995 Mazda B4000 this is a common problem with the Mazda filler hose it does rip and causes leak, A replacement filler hose will be needed, I found the best way to tackle this situation is to remove the bed, You will need to remove the bolts that hold it down they are Torx, I belive but not sure its a 55. As those four are removed you will need to remove the electrical connection at the light and also the the filler neck, and have a assistant remove the bed backward to access the filler neck for removal, the installation is reversed of removal, There is another way and that is to reach in there with a 1/4 extendsion and a 1/4 swivel and 5/16 or 8MM socket again 1/4. And manuver your way in there. With fuel cost on the rise its always a good thing to repair any leaks

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 AT 8:17 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

I agree with the idea of removing the bed. I have done several trucks that way. Once removed, you will have full access to the top of the fuel tank to inspect and locate the leak.

Friday, February 15th, 2013 AT 4:07 AM