Jeep stereo on and off no sounds

LETGREGDOIT
  • 1995 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
  • AWD

95 jeep grand cherokee limited stereo turns itself on and off and info center blinks

Saturday, November 27th, 2010 AT 6:41 PM

If the two things happen at the same time, suspect a problem with the feed or ground circuits, but if the radio loses AM an FM, but the cd player still works, (on cd models), I have a fix for that. On less expensive AM / FM models and those with cassette, there is a problem that makes them go intermittently totally dead. The cd players can also develop just intermittent FM but the AM still works. I have fixes for all of those too.

Saturday, November 27th, 2010 AT 6:44 PM
AIMEEBG
  • 1996 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
  • AWD
  • MERGED

The radio turns on and the CD player works but doesn't have sound. The plugs where rewired and all the colors appear to match up can u help please

Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 11:10 AM
BENJIS49
  • 1995 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
  • MERGED

The sound on my radio may work for 5 seconds to 5 minutes. If I turn it off for a few minutes and turn back, it may work again for a short period.

It is Infinity Gold AM/FM/CD receiver. Model 5269434. All other functions of the radio work; lights, time, scan, seek, etc. A CD will go in and out, but the same condition with the sound.

Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 11:10 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
  • MERGED

Sounds like an issue with the amplifier. It's located under the left rear seat.

Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 11:10 AM
BENJIS49
  • MERGED

I have already bypass the amplifier by unplugging and connecting the speaker wires. Or is the amplifier required?

Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 11:10 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
  • MERGED

Depends on the output of the deck and the sensitivity of the speakers. If the deck output level is sufficient and the speaker sensitivity is sufficient, your deck needs to be replaced.

Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 11:10 AM
XJITSAJEEPTHING
  • 2001 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
  • MERGED

I bought a new head unit and realized one it came in and after I had already unplugged the stock head unit. So I plugged in the stock head unit and now I have no sound in my speakers. Although I have two subs that do have sound. Everything on the stereo works just fine, even the steering wheel controls work.

Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 11:10 AM
  • MERGED

Check to make sure the plug that you reconnected isn't damaged. I've seen the pins push on the plugs and no longer make connection.

Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 11:10 AM
SPORTSONTAP
  • 1995 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
  • MERGED

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee. All of cars electrical features will turn on like lights, heater, radio, etc. But the car doesn't make any noise or anything when I try to turn it over.

Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 11:10 AM
  • MERGED

Have a helper turn the key to the start position while you check for power to the smaller wire on the starter. You should have 12 volts. If you do, replace the starter. If you don't, check the starter relay for power and work your way back to the ignition switch to locate where you lose power.

Friday, December 16th, 2016 AT 11:10 AM