HEADLIGHTS

1995 Jeep Cherokee

floordude

November, 27, 2010 AT 5:55 PM

My headlights don't work on a 95 jeep cherokee sport.I relaced the fuse, headlight switch and headlights. What could it be?

November, 27, 2010 AT 6:43 PM

Any applicable fuses, did you use a voltage tester to check for voltage at the fuse circuit?

floordude

November, 27, 2010 AT 9:40 PM

Yes. It's OK. Is their anyway to run a jumper wire to the headlights to see if the work? Or is their even anything else I can do?

November, 27, 2010 AT 10:11 PM

All I can do is track the voltage circuit and check ground. Did you check for voltage and ground at the headlamp assembly?

floordude

November, 27, 2010 AT 10:22 PM

Yes. With the headlight switch on, I have no voltage at the headlight plug.

November, 28, 2010 AT 5:23 PM

At the headlamp switch, do you have voltage at the red wire with orange tracer? Then, with headlamp switch on, the tan wire with black tracer should be hot, is it?

floordude

November, 28, 2010 AT 8:45 PM

Yes I have voltage, but it is a red wire and blue tracer. Yes the brown and black wire is hot.

November, 29, 2010 AT 2:00 PM

Check the wiring at the dimmer switch. Tan wire with black tracer hot with the headlamp switch on. Violet wire with white tracer, also hot, carries voltage to headlamps.

floordude

November, 29, 2010 AT 3:24 PM

It is a red wire with a white tracer. Yes it is hot with the switch on.

November, 29, 2010 AT 4:00 PM

If the voltage circuits are all ok, check the ground at the headlamp connector, black wire. One way to check ground, is to use a testlite connected to battery voltage, touch to black wire terminal, with connector loose, if the lite comes on, the ground is good.

floordude

November, 29, 2010 AT 4:51 PM

I checked the ground wire and the light came on

Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini