Honda wont start

SHAWN007
  • 1995 HONDA CIVIC
I have a 1995 honda civic, Everything was fine and started and ran great, I went out to start the car and nothing, wont turn over at all, small click from outside fuse panel. Checked and replaced starter, battery good and I can push start it. Also the ignition switch is working fine so. Main relay and clutch sensor? I have no idea. Also all fuses are good
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 9:06 PM

KHLOW2008
Attached are the starting schematics. Is vehicle equipped with anti-theft system?
Use a test lamp to check for battery voltage at the starter solenoid wire when key is turned to start.
Swap the starter relay and see if it works.
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 9:22 PM
SATURNTECH9
What brand starter did you take out when you changed the starter?I need to know so I can find the correct wire diagram. Also do you have a multimeter or test light to trace power?
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 9:25 PM
SATURNTECH9
Sorry about that KHLow2008 I was typing while you were posting hope your having a great monday.
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 9:27 PM
SHAWN007
The starter was a rebuild don'nt know brand but I dont think it was the starter now, its doing the same thing but it was a crapy autozone rebuild the only starter they had that matches bolt holes looks way differnt, but even with power to starter it should spin regardless of brand correct? I had a test light and the buld went out so I gota go get another one, the weird thing about this is it started fine then an hour later nothing! So I push started it and got it home
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 9:41 PM
KHLOW2008
No problem. It is ok. The more the merrier.

I am having a good day hope you are too.
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 9:41 PM
KHLOW2008
There is a possibility the rebuilt starter is at fault. Disconnect the starter solnoid wire and use a fused wire to apply battery voltage to the solenoid terminal to test if the starter works.
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 9:47 PM
SHAWN007
Starter is good some how its just not getting power or "signal" from the battery. But fuses are good and ignition is good gona go get a test light now and start tracing power where abouts what else could it be though? Some one said main relay but if that goes out you dont get dash lights or anything right? And someone else said try the clutch sensor I looked and cant even find that
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 9:53 PM
KHLOW2008
Main relay is not connected to the starting circuit. Is vehicle equipped with anti-theft system?
Check the starter relay.
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 9:56 PM
SHAWN007
No anti theft system although one may have been on at one time. But was starting fine all last week so. What is the starter relay? I can spin the starter with a fused or cross wire. But wont do it with key gota get a test light im pretty good with cars but this has got me stumped its not possible but its almost like someone just pulled a little wire ya know. I just bought this car and had it 4 days and then poop! It is as is of course and just my luck where is that clutch switch it is when the clutch is out all the way that it touches the metal wich im guessing is where the circutry is for the clutch
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 10:09 PM
KHLOW2008
Starter relay is the component that you are hearing clicking when the key is turned.
Electrical faults can occur anytime so it is not surprising.
If there is an anti-theft system, ensure it has not been triggerred. It might not have been used but many people tends to forget about them until it starts to give trouble. It has a another relay for the system, behind left kick panel.
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 10:22 PM
SHAWN007
Ok I checked starter, starter relay, battery and every wire that touches anything in between lol all wires appear to be ok and light comes on on everything all the way to starter so it has power. Far as the antitheft all I got with the car is a single key so I dont have a way to turn on/off alarms, there is a single red light on dash and when I got my head under dash there is a clear box and when I bump it a small green light and red light come on and off seems like when I bump it only im lost as **** and might have to push start it and take to a mechanic, I looked at the kick panel skimatics and I cant find that on my car THIS SUCKS!
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 11:41 PM
KHLOW2008
If the starter has power to it and is not cranking, it could be the wires are weak inbetween and this is not sufficnet to crnk the starter. Did you try the method of applying direct battery voltage to the starter solenoid to test if it works?
Tuesday, March 8th, 2011 AT 7:56 PM