HAD PROBLEMS STARTING CAR

1995 Honda Civic

harolde

August, 31, 2012 AT 1:26 PM

This morning my 1,995 Honda Civic EX wouldn’t start. All I heard was a two clicking noise and then nothing. The lights on my dash appeared, and the horn worked. I waited a few minutes and tried a second time, and it started. I went to my doctor’s appointment and was there for no more than 15 minutes. Returned to my car and the same thing happened. My vehicle would not start. I waited a few minutes and tried again, and it started. My next stop for coffee, I left the motor running. I returned home, parked the car in the garage. About twenty minutes later I tried again, and it started on my first attempt. Could this be a battery issue, starter, or any ideas as to this randomly start problem?

DrCranknWrench

August, 31, 2012 AT 1:33 PM

It could be a few things;

The battery is going bad from a bad cell. You can have it tested at any Advance Auto or Auto Zone.

A loose battery cable. Make sure both ends of the battery cable have a tight, corrosion free connection.

Starter solenoid could be failing and need replacement.

Starter switch could be going bad.

Here is a link you can use to a walk through diagnostic that may also help. Just use the link below;

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/rapid-clicking-sound-when-starter-is-used

August, 31, 2012 AT 1:50 PM

Most likely a poor battery terminal connections.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang