Crankshaft position sensor location

ANONYMOUS
  • 1995 HONDA ACCORD
I have the EX model, 2.2l vtech, that I recently purchased. When I am driving it shifts normal, but if I try to accelerate to pass another driver it acts as if the rev limiter is going off at 4,000 rpm and will not shift but if let foot off gas it shifts it also will not go pass eighty mph without doing same thing. It has check engine light on, I pulled code it blinks four times. I went on Alldata it said it was code for crank position sensor. I went and found sensor in a pic-a-part sense they do not sell the sensor because it is in the distributor. I tried to reset ECM to get out of limp mode after started vehicle it was good then light turned on quickly after start up showing same code. If there is anyone that can help it would be really appreciated. I would like to know were I should go from here.
Saturday, March 16th, 2013 AT 7:14 AM

Here is the location of the sensor and a guide to tell you how to change the sensor out:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/crankshaft-angle-sensor-replacement

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
Saturday, March 16th, 2013 AT 5:26 PM
HASSAN SHUAIBU
  • 1995 HONDA ACCORD
Please someone help me. There are three wires from injector side wiring to crankshaft position sensor at the crank shaft pulley below. Two are in the CPS and there is no other point for connection. One wire is just dangling around. Please where does that wire goes to? It is colored red with yellow stripes.
Monday, July 2nd, 2018 AT 6:17 PM (Merged)
STEVE W.
Only red with yellow seems to be for the EVAP Purge solenoid on the top left of the engine.
HEATHERS HONDA
  • 1996 HONDA ACCORD
The engine light is on. I checked the codes and it says its the engine speed sensor. The guy at the parts store talked me out of it because he says it could be any of the sensors. The car shifts funny, idles funny, and tachometer sometimes works but all crazy. I know the guys at the parts store are somewhat smart, but I have been lead in the wrong direction before. I wonder where the crank angle sensor is. If that is even it.

F4I_GUY
Post up the code number if you want the exact code information.

You have a crankshaft fluctuation speed sensor (CKF), as well as a crankshaft position sensor. Both are completely different. You must post the code number to retrieve proper diagnostic advice.
KCBLUEYES30
There is a Crankshaft position sensor.
MR NACIS
  • 1996 HONDA ACCORD
Four cylinder two wheel drive automatic.

Can a 1995 Accord crank sensor work in a 1996?
Monday, July 2nd, 2018 AT 6:18 PM (Merged)
HONDA TECH 1818
For 1995 Accord four cylinder the crank sensor is built-in inside the distributor. I do not think 1996 Accord distributor will fit 1995.