MY 95 GMC JIMMY V6 AUTOMATIC 2 WD JUST STARTED ...

• rhondacallejas
  • 1995 GMC Jimmy

My 95 GMC Jimmy V6 Automatic 2 WD, just started sounding like the transmission was skipping gears earlier this evening, and when I finally got to my destination and was ready to leave it didn't want to go into reverse, luckily where I was parked slightly elevated and it rolled back and I was able to put it into Drive and it drove forward fine but every time I came to a stop light and had to stop, when I accelerated, it sounded like it wasn't switching gears the way it should have and I noticed that the RPMS were going higher than normal then it felt like it would "catch" gear properly when I didn't force the gas and kinda let up off the gas pedal a little bit, and I was able to make it home (about 8 miles) from where the problem began. I am just wondering if it could be ANYTHING other than the transmission it self that could cause this?

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 11:12 AM

• DrCranknWrench

Sounds likek either the torque converter is bad or the torque converter solenoid is bad. Check the fluid level first.
Then take it to a tranmission repair specialist as regular repair shops are not equipped to work on automatic tranmissions.

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 12:54 PM