1995 GMC Jimmy

ARNO
  • 1995 GMC JIMMY
About a year ago I had to replace my fuel pressure valve on the spider fuel injector harness. After that every once in a while the car would just stop. After waiting about 5-10 minutes it would start right up and run fine. Never could figure out what the problem was. Now when driving the engine speed surges and also hesistates when I give it gas. I thought I would first change the fuel filter but after that I am not sure whether it might be the fuel pump but that is only about two years old, or if I need a need the whole new spyder assembly or if I have to replace the injectors. Please help your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thursday, November 25th, 2010 AT 5:30 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I'd use a gage and check fuel pressure first. With spider system, 60--66 psi, key on engine off. Sometimes the fuel poppets need cleaning.
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 7:16 PM
Just to add, when the problem occurs, have a helper crank it, while you visually check for spark at the plugs. You can use a known good spark plug or spark tester, keep in the glove-box for future issues.
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 7:20 PM