Coolant sensor housing

SUWLF
  • 1995 FORD F-150

What is the housing called that the coolant sensor is fastened into? My truck has the 5.8l engine.

Saturday, December 18th, 2010 AT 9:10 AM

DOCFIXIT

That would be the thermostat housing.

-2
Saturday, December 18th, 2010 AT 6:39 PM
SUWLF

The thermostat housing is on the front of the engine. This is on the top just above it. It houses the coolant temperature sensor and two tubes for coolant coming out of it (the sensor screws/fastens into it has a connector wire running to it) it is octagon in shape and has two tubes brazed into it. Also, one tube about ten inches in length goes into a heater core hose, the other smaller tube and hose goes to the throttle body base. I have a ford parts# its, number 18B402 off of a 1995 Ford 5.8l diagram, cannot seem to locate this part anywhere. No one knows what it is called and when I go to a parts warehouse the number off the diagram comes back as a AC/Delco brake drum. Thanks for the help.

+1
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 5:06 AM
DOCFIXIT

Are there two wires connected one white/light blue other red?

+1
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 7:36 PM
SUWLF

The wires that run to the connector for the coolant temperature sensor, there are two of them. One is black with a green stripe, the other is white with a red stripe. I bought a new sensor, with no problem the part the sensor goes in is the problem. I may have to do the repair my self. Two new tubes, and some brazing well do the trick, was hoping to find this mystery part somewhere. Thanks

Monday, December 20th, 2010 AT 3:44 AM
SUWLF

Diagram of 1995 Ford F150, 5.8l coolant temperature sensor housing/tower? Part number 18599.

+9
Monday, December 20th, 2010 AT 5:48 AM
SUWLF

Part number 12A648 is the coolant temperature sensor, that was no problem finding. Part #18599 is the mystery part with no name that I cannot find anywhere. Thanks for the help.

+3
Monday, December 20th, 2010 AT 5:56 AM
DOCFIXIT

Been out of town. That riser nipple would be a FOMOC part or bone yard.
Looked in all resources cannot find what is status?

Friday, December 24th, 2010 AT 5:29 PM