COOLANT SENSOR , HOUSING

1995 Ford F-150

suwlf

December, 18, 2010 AT 9:10 AM

What is the housing called, that the coolant sensor is fastened into, on a 1995 ford f150, 5.8l

Docfixit

December, 18, 2010 AT 6:39 PM

That would be thermostat housing

suwlf

December, 19, 2010 AT 5:06 AM

The thermostat housing is on the front of the motor, this is on the top, just above it, it houses the coolant temperature sensor, and 2 tubes for coolant, coming out of it, (the sensor screws/fastens into it, has a connector wire running to it), it is octagon in shape, has 2 tubes brazed into it also, 1 tube about 10 inches in length, goes into a heater core hose, the other smaller tube and hose goes to the throttle body base, I have a ford parts# its, #18B402 off of a 1995 ford 5.8l diagram, cant seem to locate this part anywhere, no 1 knows what it is called, and when I go to a parts wharehouse, the number off the diagram, comes back as a ac/delco brake drum, thanks for the help

Docfixit

December, 19, 2010 AT 7:36 PM

Are there two wires connected one white/lt. Blue other red?

suwlf

December, 20, 2010 AT 3:44 AM

The wires that run to the connector, for the coolant temperature sensor, theres 2 of them, 1 is black with a green stripe, the other is white, with a red stripe, I bought a new sensor, with no problem, the part the sensor goes in, is the problem, I may have to do the repair my self, 2 new tubes, and some brazing well do the trick, was hopin to find this mystery part somewhere. Thanx

suwlf

December, 20, 2010 AT 5:48 AM

Diagram of 1995 ford f150, 5.8l coolant temperature sensor housing/tower? Part # 18599

suwlf

December, 20, 2010 AT 5:56 AM

Part # 12A648 is the coolant temperature sensor, that was no problem finding, part #18599 is the mystery part, with no name, that I cant find anywhere, thanx 4 the help

Docfixit

December, 24, 2010 AT 5:29 PM

Been out of town that riser nipple would be a FOMOC part or bone yard.
Looked in all resources can't find what is status?

Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement