I NEED A NEW BATTERY CABLE, WHERE DOES THE BATTERY CABLE DISCONNECT FROM THE ENGINE?

1995 Ford Crown Victoria

1995crownvic

October, 3, 2011 AT 4:48 PM

I took the battery cable off the battery, removed all the grounds, and removed it off the block, It is still connected to the car! And I cannot find where the cords disconnect, so that I can put a new one on. This is the second time that I have asked this question.
Do I have to splice it?

caradiodoc

October, 3, 2011 AT 5:09 PM

Which cable? Can't you just follow it to where it's bolted on? Depending on the starter system used, the larger red positive cable will bolt to the solenoid on the fender or right to the starter motor under the engine. If it's bolted to the solenoid, another fat cable will go from the other large terminal on the solenoid to the starter. That one causes a lot of trouble from corrosion occurring under the insulation where it can't be seen.

The black negative cable has a small wire that bolts to the body, usually one of the fender bolts.

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011