DOES A 4CYL 2

1995 Dodge Dakota

djt222

December, 20, 2012 AT 12:20 AM

Does a 4cyl 2.5 L with a 5 speed have a Crankshaft Sensor the truck does have a distributor and if it does were is it because I can not find it

December, 20, 2012 AT 12:22 AM

Try this

December, 20, 2012 AT 12:25 AM

Checked Mit1 you don't have one -what's the problem no spark?

December, 20, 2012 AT 12:28 AM

Whoa-where in tarnation did you get that-Roy-look into the 2.5L not listed of having one

djt222

December, 20, 2012 AT 3:55 AM

The problem is its not starting. It turns over but wont start. It has spark and the fuel pump is working. What happened was I was driving and the truck just died did this once before and I got the truck towed home and after doing nothing it started and never found the problem fast forward a month and it happened again.

December, 20, 2012 AT 4:38 AM

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs with a gauge and also check if the injectors are pulsing, also refer to this link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

djt222

December, 21, 2012 AT 2:09 AM

A friend and I put the truck on a computer and came up with it possably being a MAP sensor what are your thoughts?

December, 21, 2012 AT 8:03 AM

I don't think the MAP sensor will prevent it from starting-maybe cause it to run rich and burn more fuel and surging

Bandabiscuit

March, 19, 2015 AT 11:52 AM

Did you ever find out what was causing your issue? I'm going through the same thing now. Please let me know, I'm at a total loss here and have no idea what step to take next, except throwing countless dollars at it.

Thanks,
Mark
themailman66ss@gmail. Com

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz