Crankshaft position sensor location

DJT222
  • 1995 DODGE DAKOTA
Does a 4cyl 2.5 L with a 5 speed have a Crankshaft Sensor the truck does have a distributor and if it does were is it because I can not find it
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 AT 12:20 AM

ASEMASTER6371
You car has a crankshaft position sensor on the lower side of the block.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 AT 12:22 AM
DJT222
The problem is its not starting. It turns over but wont start. It has spark and the fuel pump is working. What happened was I was driving and the truck just died did this once before and I got the truck towed home and after doing nothing it started and never found the problem fast forward a month and it happened again.
+2
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 AT 3:55 AM
Check the fuel pressure if its within specs with a gauge and also check if the injectors are pulsing, also refer to this link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start
-1
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 AT 4:38 AM
DJT222
A friend and I put the truck on a computer and came up with it possably being a MAP sensor what are your thoughts?
Friday, December 21st, 2012 AT 2:09 AM
I don't think the MAP sensor will prevent it from starting-maybe cause it to run rich and burn more fuel and surging
Friday, December 21st, 2012 AT 8:03 AM
BANDABISCUIT
Did you ever find out what was causing your issue? I'm going through the same thing now. Please let me know, I'm at a total loss here and have no idea what step to take next, except throwing countless dollars at it.

Thanks,
Mark
-1
Thursday, March 19th, 2015 AT 11:52 AM