I didman engine swap from a 1995 305 tbi to.

SHAUNNSHOMO
  • 1995 CHEVROLET TRUCK
  • 100 MILES

I didman engine swap from a 1995 305 tbi to roughly a 79 350 bored.030 carb intake, adapted to fit tbi. It runs great, as long as you dont give it to much gas, if you do it just bogs and acts like its misfiring. Any ideas?

Friday, November 30th, 2012 AT 3:57 PM

WRENCHTECH

I don't see that mod ever working very well. Those engines have very different fuel requirements and I'm sure the block didn't accommodate all the sensors from the 5.0 properly.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, November 30th, 2012 AT 4:13 PM
SHAUNNSHOMO

All sesnsor bolted right on, took some time to tweak for the throttle cables and bolt on sensors, but it runs like a champ. I was told it would run lean seeing as how I left the 305 computer but the torque spacer accomodates more fuel for low rpm. I could make a short video and post to youtube with a link on here to show you, if that would help any.

Friday, November 30th, 2012 AT 5:24 PM
WRENCHTECH

[quote] It runs great, as long as you dont give it to much gas, if you do it just bogs and acts like its misfiring.[/Quote]

[quote]took some time to tweak for the throttle cables and bolt on sensors, but it runs like a champ[/quote]

OK, which is it?

Friday, November 30th, 2012 AT 5:26 PM