95 LOSES POWER

1995 Chevrolet Silverado

halo51

August, 13, 2012 AT 8:56 PM

I have a 95 chevy silverado. I was driving down the street at about 30mph when the power went out on me.

The engine stayed on and all lights stayed on. I could rev the engine but the truck wouldnt move.

i then had a friend tow to my house and I let it sit overnight trying to decide what to do next.

the next day I went out and started it and it and was able to drive it again for a short distance at low speed and then it did the same thing again.

any ideas?
Thanks in advance

mhpautos

August, 13, 2012 AT 9:00 PM

Auto I presume? Have you checked the fluid level and condition of the oil. What did it drive like befor this, any slipping and erratic gear changes at all?

halo51

August, 15, 2012 AT 1:04 PM

Sorry. Yes. Its an automatic.

It was driving just fine before this happened.
No slipping or erratic gear changes.

Yes.I did do an oil change myself after this since its happened and checked to make sure it wasnt leaking any oil.

Thanks for your reply.

mhpautos

August, 16, 2012 AT 12:16 AM

I feel that the trans will have to be tested further by a trained tech, there may be a fault code that you can extract that could be helpful, so a scan and a mechanical diagnosis is the next step.

halo51

August, 16, 2012 AT 2:36 PM

Ok ill try that.
Thanks for the help

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement