How to remove alternator in chevy S 10 pickup 4 cyclinder
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 2:35 AM
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the air inlet duct assembly, if necessary.
3. Carefully relieve the serpentine drive belt tension, then remove the belt from the alternator pulley. Do not allow the tensioner to snap back into position once the belt is off the pulley.
4. Remove the nut retaining the radiator hose brace to the back on the alternator.
5. If equipped, unfasten the retainers, then remove the brace from the engine and/or the alternator.
6. Disconnect the battery terminal boot wiring from the back of the alternator, then unplug the regulator wiring connector.
7. Support the alternator and remove the mounting bolts (usually 2) from either side of the alternator, then remove the alternator from the vehicle.
To install: 8. Position the alternator in the vehicle and loosely install using the mounting bolts.
9. If equipped, loosely install the brace to the engine and/or alternator.
10. Tighten the left or front alternator retaining bolts to 36 ft. Lbs. (50 Nm), the right or rear alternator bolt to 18 ft. Lbs. (25 Nm), the brace bolt to 18 ft. Lbs. (25 Nm) and/or the brace nut to 22 ft. Lbs. (30 Nm), as applicable.
11. Connect and secure the alternator wiring.
12. Carefully relieve the serpentine drive belt tension and position the belt over the alternator pulley, then slowly release the tensioner into position.
13. If equipped, install the air inlet duct assembly.