Turn signal does not work at all time, but hazards lights work 1995 chev C2500

GPAGLI
  • 1995 CHEVROLET CHEYENNE
I have a 1995 chevrolet c2500 pickup. I wired a trailer recently and once done, turn signal no longer works on truck. Hazards work on truck and trailer, lights and brake and reverse on truck but no turn signal. I replaced the flasher but no luck. Flasher does not even click! I checked fuses I think.
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 12:37 AM

Inspect and test the turn and hazard switch
-1
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 12:54 AM
GPAGLI
I tried 3 different new turn signal flashers, hazards work fine. Note that when I say I wired a trailer, the truck already had a four prong trailer plug on it so I did not wire the truck, just wired trailer lights on a trailer and connected 4 prong to the truck existing 4 prong.
-1
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 1:02 AM
KHLOW2008
Try disconnecting the trailer wiring to see if the turn signals works. Any fault in the wiring can cause the turn signals to stop working. Have you checeked the fuses?
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 1:13 AM
PROTECH1980
Check Fuse #16 15amp fuse in the i/p fuse block
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 1:16 AM
GPAGLI
I disconnected trailer wiring and fuses seem good. Again, hazards work, reverse and brake lights work. If I press down hard on hazard light button and hold, turn signal flasher clicks! And not sure why since there is a seperate hazard flasher and turn signal flasher
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 1:19 AM
PROTECH1980
Check for voltage coming into turn signal switch purple wire(12volt), if ok activate turn signal, looking for voltage coming out of turn signal switch on either light blue or yellow (left signal). Or dark green/dark blue(right signal). If you have voltage on purple wire and nothing coming out on the mentioned wires, suspect turn sig. Switch
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 2:29 AM
GPAGLI
When you say turn signal switch, the entire arm with wipers and high beams? - High beams work and so do wipers, but I will check.
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 2:34 AM
PROTECH1980
The turn signal swicth is located behind the steering wheel, the lever attaches to it, the switch has a harness on it that runs along the steering column, some disassembly will be required to gain accsess to harness for testing.
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 2:50 AM