1995 CHEVY BLAZER

• jasonwood1
  • 1995 Chevrolet Blazer

Have a 1995 chevy blazer 4.3. Started by producing a p0300 code (random misfire). Started replacing parts 1 at a time with no change. Spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, catalytic converter, plenum gasket, intake manifold gasket. After I changed the intake manifold gasket I didn't set the timing right so the engine backfired. Reset the timing and the engine would not crank. Found a leaking fuel line inside the plenum and replaced it but engine still will not crank. I don't know where to look now.

Friday, September 21st, 2012 AT 11:15 PM

• hmac300

Check fuses and relay underhood first. See if starter is getting power on the purple wire.

Friday, September 21st, 2012 AT 11:36 PM
  • jasonwood1

It is turning over. It just does not crank.

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 AT 12:40 AM
  • hmac300

You mean it turns over but wont' start. Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 AT 12:54 PM
  • jasonwood1

Okay here is what I found. No codes are set at the moment. Firing system is doing fine and I'm getting fuel. I'm thinking timing. Does it sound like I'm correct?

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 AT 7:46 PM
  • hmac300

Yu can be getting fuel to the rail bu tnot enough pressure.what is it. There are so many possibilities I suggest continuing the process of elimination you started. I am going to give you 2 diagnostic walk throughs. One for "No Start" and one for "Mis Fires". When they mention pulling codes, testing things like the alternator, battery or staer, etc. and doing tests like fuel pressure, Advance Auto or Auto Zone will pull codes for free and test electrical parts for free. They also have specialty tools and test tools they give out on a loaner basis. So, follow through the walk though as it goes in order for a reason. Just use the links below;

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-misfires-or-runs-rough

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 AT 8:52 PM