ONE COLD MORNING AFTER WORK I GOT IN MY CAR ...

1995 Cadillac Deville

YUNGSAV

November, 1, 2012 AT 10:34 AM

One cold morning after work I got in my car tried to start but had trouble, after a couple forced tries and my foot on the pedal the car started. When igot home 20miles later the check engine came on. Now afyer turning off the car I hear a tick tick. Tick noise around the throttle. I have trouble starting. But will start. As well as now the light won't go off also thecar idles crazy high like its going to blow up. When in park or nuetral and the throttle sticks now it feels like it. When im braking I can feel the friction like the cars wanting to move forward for no reason Idk where to start everything is expensive and would like to start with the cheapest fixx first.

November, 1, 2012 AT 10:48 AM

What motor and what is the code?

YUNGSAV

November, 1, 2012 AT 11:02 AM

Its the 4.9 not the northstar. And idk the code im going to go to autozone tomorrow and have them scan it.

November, 1, 2012 AT 11:08 AM

Idle control motor has most likely failed. Common issue on these motors. Get someone to look at it and confirm

YUNGSAV

November, 1, 2012 AT 11:26 AM

Would the ticking comming from that area be something else failing / going out or is that where my prob is. Also this just happend so im still driving the car everyday will cause more damage?

November, 1, 2012 AT 11:38 AM

It is the motor on the throttle body, the gears are stripped internally nad holds the idle high.

Get it fixed as it will put pressure on your brakes and the trans

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang