Anti theft system

MARLINA
  • 1995 CADILLAC DEVILLE
How do I reset the anti theft system in a 95 cadillac deville?
Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 AT 9:57 PM

FACTORYJACK
If the key less transmitter is not present, then one of the door key cylinder switches may do it. If it is a message saying 'theft system problem, car may not restart' it is a vehicle theft problem. There is no reset for this, a fault is present. Most commonly, a fault with the ignition lock cylinder, or more specific the wires that route up the column to it. The will eventually break due to use.

Leave the Key on for 30 minutes until the security light stops flashing then the system will be reset. Turn the key off then start the engine within 5 seconds.

Here is a guide to help you reset the system

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

If this doesn't work check for broken wires at the tumbler super common.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers,
+8
Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 AT 4:04 AM
STLR1960
  • 1995 CADILLAC DEVILLE
My cadillac's ignition system is locked. When I turn the key nothing happens. The battery is good. Seems like the security on the keys will not let it start
+12
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017 AT 11:21 AM (Merged)
BUZZSAW
On my car one of the small wires was broken at the tumbler I fixed it now it starts right up.
+1
SHANNONPAGE1
  • 1995 CADILLAC DEVILLE
1995 Cadillac Deville

how to I reset the security system? I am asking for my boyfriend who thinks he knows everything, lol please help me!

It was messed up after the mechanic who put in the new steering column
+1
FACTORYJACK
Has it not started since the used column was installed. There is no reset. More than likely, what is happening is the key that the column came with has a different resistance value than the original key. Since the module was not changed to match the key, it wont start. Check the resistance of the key from the old column, and the resistance of the key from the replacement column and see if they differ. If you can find out the vats code of the original key, you can have a key with that code, cut to match the replacement columns key pattern.
SHANNONPAGE1
I forgot to mention we already got the new key that is suppose to work but it just wont crank. The security light is on and wont crank, we tried the 20 minute thing to try and reset it, all it did was make the dinging to the door go faster, please help!
+1
SHANNONPAGE1
No once the new used column was put in it never started again. First the mechanic told my boyfriend to go and get that new key. And now they are claiming it didnt run before but it did, the new used steering column was put in now its just freakin messed up and wont crank
-1
JOHNRUK
  • 1996 CADILLAC DEVILLE
1996 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My vehicle has " anti-theft car may not restart PRNDL" flashing on the instument panel. It starts everytime but this message prohibits a lot of the PCM functions. What could be the source of this?
+1
FACTORYJACK
I would first check all DTC's by pressing off and warmer on the climate panel. Record and report all DTC's shown. Another check would be the resistance value of the ignition cylinder with the key installed. This would be done at the electrical connector at the base of the column, the two white wires that come out of an orange conduit are the ignition cylinder VATS wires. Check with an ohmmeter, while rotating the cylinder in all positions. It should display the same value as the key pellet, in all positions. Never should it read open circuit, if so you have a break.
-1
MSCOLE@BAK.RR.COM
  • 1996 CADILLAC DEVILLE
The alarm system on my 96 Cad Deville keeps going off. I do not have a remoteless key entry to turn it off with. I would like to either disconnect the alarm or disconnect the horn. How do I do it?
+1
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017 AT 11:22 AM (Merged)
FACTORYJACK
Did you find that it is causing your no start. If you can determine your key value, you can jumper the harness side of the ignition cylinder connector with resistors of the same value.
+1
RED99CAMARO
  • 1998 CADILLAC DEVILLE
1998 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 85050 miles

My 1998 Cadillac DeVille, with 89,050 miles, was just purchased by me a week ago. I have had no problems at all until this morning. When I approached the car and pushed the unlock button, nothing happened. Tried all buttons on the remote and nothing worked. Unlocked car with key and noticed no interior lights. Turned key and started car, started fine, but the horn was blowing like it was just broken into. Shut off car and the entire dash was blinking on and off for about 2 minutes. Finally quit flashing but continues to do same thing everytime I start it. I figure it is and electrical problem but not sure where to start.
DR LOOT
Whenever an electrical problem occurs, the first thing to do is check your battery terminals make sure they are clean and make sure they are tight, have you replaced the battery in your remote? Checkout both things and get back to me, and I will lead you in a different direction.
-1
BILL-JEANNE
The battery is new and terminals are cleaned and tight. The dash says security system problem. The car started but died when the gas pedal is engaged. We bought new batteries for both of our remotes. However, the remotes do not work. The car will not start at all now.
+2
JOELPOMPA77954
  • 1999 CADILLAC DEVILLE
1999 Cadillac Deville

how do I deactivate the anti theft on my 1999 cadillac deville, it wont let me car turn on
+1
WRENCHTECH
That cannot be done. It wouldn't be much of a theft deterrent if it could be simply disabled that easily. The system HAS to be active and working and that requires a Tech2 scan tool to be able to diagnose it. That usually means dealer.

The most common failure is the ignition lock and the sensor inside of it.

I'll give you the relearn procedure that may or may not help.

PASSLOCK 10 MINUTE RELEARN

AUTO LEARN
Time required, approximately 10 minutes:

1. Insure that the battery is fully charged.
2. Use the scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.
3. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the CRANK position attempting to start the vehicle. The vehicle will start and then stall.
4. Leave the ignition switch in the ON position while observing the security indicator.
5. When the security indicator turns off, which can take up to 10 minutes, turn the ignition switch off. Wait 10 seconds.
6. The BCM and the PCM will learn the new code on the next start attempt.
+2
CADIEMAN
The key cylinder needs replacing if cluster has a message.
Left and right door cylinders control the alarm
we enjoy your feedback
+1
PAPPYFRANK
  • 1997 CADILLAC DEVILLE
1997 Cadillac Deville

know any thing about anti theft in this car?
+1
FACTORYJACK
Can give you all you need to know. What is the concern, theft system message on the info center, no start?
RAYCOLD
  • 1999 CADILLAC DEVILLE
1999 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 55000 miles

How can I stop my alarm from going off
Even when I have my key in the ignition
+1
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017 AT 11:23 AM (Merged)