Ignition timing

PETESA
  • 1994 NISSAN SENTRA
How do I check the base timing on a 94 sentra 1.6 DOHC
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 AT 4:10 PM

MHPAUTOS

To set the ignition timing follow the diagrams below. Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 AT 12:01 PM
SHORTY211
  • 1993 NISSAN SENTRA
Hello, I have a 1993 nissan sentra se-r and it has been running strong. Until the timing went out of wack and I had taken it down to the nearest shop and they fixed it. But it still had a slight hesitation. I drove it for about 5 miles and the hesitation got worse. We adjusted the timing again and it runs better. Again I drive about 5 miles and the timing must keep slipping or something. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it thanks! I have checked the belt and it looks new.
Saturday, October 27th, 2018 AT 4:52 PM (Merged)
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Sounds like your tensioner pulley may be faulty. If it is letting the belt loosen up just a tad, it will throw timing off. Inspect tensioner and post results. I will follow up.

Thanks for using 2carpros. Com!