Coolant leaking

LISABIBBY
  • 1994 MITSUBISHI PAJERO

A lot of water leaking out of 1994 3.0ltr V6 Pajero from around bell housing. Likely to be an expensive repair?

Tuesday, August 28th, 2012 AT 4:53 AM

KHLOW2008

It would depend on what is leaking. Usually it would be a bypass hose which would not cost much but if the location is at an akward location, the labor cost might be 2 or 3 hours.

+1
Tuesday, August 28th, 2012 AT 5:10 AM

Your problem here could be coming from the freeze plug behind the engine if its not a heater hose/coolant hose from the engine or headgasket/intake manifold leak that's if you're overheating at the same time-can be expensive if its the freeze plug behind the engine-to repair it you have to drop the transaxle to get at it-Let me know what you got, so I can assist you properly

+3
Tuesday, August 28th, 2012 AT 5:34 AM
PAJERO SHOGUN 92

I have the same issue. Located water running down the bell housing and under engine bay but only when engine is reved. Coolant/exhaust gasket (both) replaced. Water is found building up between the heads. Heads are not warped. Help

Monday, May 22nd, 2017 AT 6:52 PM
2CARPROS KEN

We need to see where it is coming from use a flash light and try and see if it is coming from the heads or straight out of the bell housing.

Here is a guide that can help you

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-is-leaking-coolant

Please let us know what you find, I am curious ;)

Cheers, Ken

Friday, May 26th, 2017 AT 2:45 PM