TODAY I REMOVED MY EXHAUST RESONATOR FROM MY CAR AND DIDNT REPLACE IT WOULD THAT MAKE MY CAR DIE AT IDLE?

1994 Mazda MX3

Andrewkirkevold

October, 4, 2012 AT 1:11 AM

When I removed the resonator my car just started dieing and has a very very rough idle and wont stay running. I also changed the oil and put some lucas oil stablizer in it but only a half a bottle was added. Why is my car dieing at idle?

Dies On Idle

DrCranknWrench

October, 4, 2012 AT 1:20 AM

It is hard to say as you may have damaged something else when removing the parts. There is not a real reason it should not be running. I can give you a walk through diagnostic to help. When it talks about pulliung trouble codes, electrical test or test like fuel pressure, which is something you should look at, any Advance Auto ro Auto Zone pulls codes, will test electrical stuff for free and loans out special and test tools.
So just use the link blow;

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-stalls

Andrewkirkevold

October, 4, 2012 AT 1:28 AM

I know I didnt damage anything on there I looked everything through to make sure and nothing was out of place. I work for o'reilly auto parts so I can get those tools. Could it have been I added to much of the lucas additive to my oil, the last time I did it, it did the same thing with injector cleaner.

DrCranknWrench

October, 5, 2012 AT 12:34 AM

I don't think the oil additive would do anything. If injector cleaner had such an effect I would test the fuel pressure and also look at the fuel filter, if applicable, and consider using a stronger injector cleaner.
If you have never used BG44K it is by far the best injector cleaner there is. After you check your fuel pressure you might want to run a can of it. You can only get it at car dealerships.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang