1994 LEXUS ES 300 WONT START

• neenie19782003
  • 1994 Lexus ES 300

I have a 1994 Lexus GS 300 that wont run any more. I hooked battery cables up backwards and blew the 100Amp fuse. Changed that out, checked all fuses and relays. Changed out the ECU also. Is there a hidden fuse or relay somewhere that I'm missing? Thank you.

Wednesday, May 25th, 2011 AT 3:05 AM

• rasmataz

Won't run any more -Is it cranking over and will not start or just won't crank at all/nothing when you turn key to cranking position

Wednesday, May 25th, 2011 AT 4:46 AM
  • neenie19782003

It cranks over but will not start. Thank you.

Wednesday, May 25th, 2011 AT 4:56 AM
  • rasmataz

Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Wednesday, May 25th, 2011 AT 4:58 AM
  • neenie19782003

I forgot to mention that when I test the fuel pump with a test light, there's no power to the fuel pump. Is there a hidden relay or fuse that I am missing besides under hood or driver's side kick panel? Or an ignertio (spelling?) Switch? Thank you.

Wednesday, May 25th, 2011 AT 7:55 AM